I’ve got some interesting news to share, today. Other than it being December, of course. Grab a cup of something warm and settle in. This is kind of a long post.
I’m coming off a 10-day vacation (yay) and go back to work tomorrow (boo). It was a really good vacation, too. We didn’t go anywhere, but we did spend a lot of time together just chillin’ out. I made a big Thanksgiving spread (which we’re still eating), watched Jessica Jones on Netflix, got some Redbox movies and took a lot of naps. By the way…Detroit Lions whooped Philadelphia Eagles ass on Thanksgiving.
I’m sad to see the vacation end, but you know how it is. Back to the grind and onto the interesting news.
This year I co-hosted the WriYe Tumblr blog, something most of you were aware. Back in September or October, one of the mods approached me to help out on the actual site for 2016. Like, the official WriYe forum site. I hemmed and hawed and finally submitted the “application” that the team was requesting from interested people.
Imagine my surprise after not hearing anything for awhile, I get a notification that I’ve been added as a Global Moderator! Next thing I know, I’m signing up to handle 2 forums and adding the Twitter and Facebook accounts to my list. A fair amount of time each week will be dedicated solely to WriYe, on top of the Tumblr, which I agreed to oversee for 2016.
Just like when I do Tumblr, my activity and participation will be done on days off from work. Most of it can actually be done on my phone while at work (during down time, of course) if it doesn’t require a cut/copy/paste situation.
Which leads me to my plans for December…
- 12 Days of Consistency Challenge (write a certain minimum word count each day for 12 consecutive days) – I chose 320.
- New Moon Challenge 12/11
- WriDay 12/15
- Full Moon Madness 12/25 (I already have an idea for this one.)
These are all challenges hosted by WriYe, and they really do get a chunk of that word count goal eaten. Well, they would if I participate(d). I’m also going to…
- Go through the 2016 Writer’s Market and look for contests and publishing opportunities
- Make a list of WIPs and decide which projects to focus on next year.
- Make a list of WIMs (works in mind) and choose a couple worth exploring.
- Update all my social media places
- Write as much as I can.
I’m not going to make any hard deadlines, yet, since each month’s writing plans will have to work around my day job and the schedules don’t come out until after the 17th. Even then it could change, so yeah. Soft deadlines, it is.
Which leads me to my New Year’s Resolutions. Yeah, I’m making them early. This way I can ease into them, instead of going cold turkey balls out on the 1st…
- Eat better and move more
- Sleep better/more
- WRITE MORE
- Be more aware of my body’s signals and slow down when it tells me to
- Get back on my spiritual path
- Go outside more for fun (helps satisfy pretty much all of the above)
- Get more organized
- Donate unused clothes to charity.
I should be able to keep at least 1 of those, right?
What are your writing plans for December?