Hi, there! I trust those who celebrated the New Year did so responsibly? Or, at least had a chaperon/bail money. I talked to the kids and my mom, and we hung out and amused ourselves with Kallie’s antics and a movie. A nice, quiet evening in.
I know you’re all very excited to hear about my writing plans for this month. If I gave you an overview of the year, it would bore to you pieces. Let’s not do that! I’ve also got the reading list broke down.
Writing: Update and upload Cravings and Obsidian Kept. Go over Rising for any more holes and edit as necessary (Will need beta readers in February!). Do a cursory looksie of The Graces. If there’s time, I need to do some research for VC. The main project is co-hosting for the WriYe Tumblr page – I get the odd months – and that adds up to nearly 100 posts for the month. Add to that this blog and my own Tumblr, I’m a busy gal. Oh, and I’ve signed up for the WriYe, again – 120k words for the year. That’s only 10k/month. Pretty sure I can pull it off with all the half-finished stories laying around the hard drive. And, because I thrive under pressure and shit, I signed up (I think) for the Review and Renew Writing Challenge. .
Reading List: I’ve got some books that are year-long reads; others are monthly or a few days/weeks at a time. Here are the books for the year:
- Llewellyn’s 2015 Magical Alamanac
- Circle, Coven and Grove: A Year of Magickal Practice – Deborah Blake
- Journal 365+ – Judy Shafarman
- 412 Journaling Exercises and Prompts for Personal Growth – Meredith Lane
- Four Seasons of Creative Writing – Bryan Cohen
- Celtic Golden Dawn – John Michael Greer (this is a once/week read due to heaviness) (ongoing from 2014)
For the month:
- Random Fluctuations by Steven Mauercek (need to finish and critique for Steven by 1/5)
- The Encyclopedia of Magick and the Occult by Gregory Branson-Trent
What’s everyone got planned, writing or otherwise, for this month? We can commiserate together.